Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

I got this from one of my Mission Companions Marnee Theurer and it is so Yummy! The kids didn't figure out it had Zucchini until after they liked it!!


Chocolate Zucchini Cake
4oz. Unsweetened Bakers Chocolate (or less)
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. Margarine or butter
2. c Sugar
3 eggs
1tsp. vanilla
2c. flour
1/2 c. Cocoa
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/3 c. buttermilk
3 c. zucchini

Melt oil and bakers chocolate and set aside to cool. Mix butter, eggs and vanilla stir in chocolate when cool. Mix dry ingredients and add to chocolate mixture (mix well). Then stir in buttermilk and zucchini pour in cake pan bake at 350 for 40 minutes. (You'll probably need to adjust this time and temp I had to go a lot longer to get the middle to cook I think next time I make it I'll decrease the heat and increase the cook time.)

Fudge Frosting

1 cube butter or margarine
1/3 heaping cup of cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 c. milk
3 cups + of powder sugar

Melt margarine and cocoa till smooth. Add vanilla and milk then sugar to consistency you like.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment