Saturday, December 26, 2009

Peppermint Bark

Everyone is raving about this stuff this holiday season, and I will admit that it was the easiest thing ever to make! I actually stumbled onto the recipe by accident. I was rummaging through my spice cabinet and saw the Peppermint Extract and tried and tried to remember what I had originally bought it for, and I couldn't! So, I turned it over and saw the recipe for this on the back and just happened to have the ingredients on hand, so I decided why not?

1 bag of wilton candy melts, white
1t. peppermint extract
8-10 drops of red food coloring
1/2 c crushed peppermint candies

Line a lg baking sheet with foil. In saucepan, melt chocolate. When nearly melted, remove from heat and add extract. Gently stir until smooth. Spread onto baking sheet and smooth out. Add food coloring and with a wooden skewer, swirl color into bark. Top with candy, pressing with spatula so they stick. Let set and break into pieces! DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment