Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lemon Sauce

This recipe is my go-to this year for gifts for people who you just need to say: "Hey, thanks for all you do for me, I think you rock, I appreciate you and I hope you have a merry Christmas! Oh ya, enjoy this lemon sauce on top of some Christmas pancakes or waffles while your at it" Love, (your name!)

Lemon Sauce
1/2 C sugar
1 T. cornstarch
1/8 t. nutmeg
1 C water
2 T butter
1/2 t. lemon zest
2 T lemon juice

Stir together sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg in a small saucepan; add water. Cook over med heat until thick and bubbly; cook and stir for an additional 2 min. Remove from heat; add remaining ingredients. Stir just until butter melts. Serve warm.


I am putting mine in cute little Bell jam jars w/Christmas fabric in the lid and a package of my Grandmothers FABULOUS buttermilk pancakes! (minus the wet ingredients of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment